Emilia Flores, a restaurant owner in Dallas, Texas, set up a “Take one, leave one” coat rack for the homeless. The rack, located outside her place of business, makes available free coats, hats, and scarves during frigid weather. “This is a way of people not being embarrassed about asking,” Flores explained. “They just come and pick what they need and leave.” Flores’ thoughtful idea has now inspired other business owners to set up similar outside coat racks!
-The Good World News
Latest from Marty
- The Buddy Bench Brings Friends Together
- 2017 Janitor of the Year inspires students and faculty
- Chicago Cubs star player creates two endowed funds at Children’s Hospital
- High School Students work on a project to create solar-powered shelters for the homeless
- FSU Football recruit is special on and off the field