Sergeant Ross Gundlach spent a whole year in Afghanistan with a yellow lab named "Casey", a bomb sniffing dog. Together they went on over 150 successful bomb sniffing missions.
The two became so close, Sergeant Gundlach put a tattoo of Cacy with angel wings and halo on his arm. When Sergeant Gundlach returned to The States, he promised that one day he would find Casey again.
His promise came true when State Fire Marshal Director Ray Reynolds heard his story and arranged a surprise reunion.
“It was a total surprise.” “I owe her. I want to take care of her, but I owe her. I’ll just try to give her the best life I can.”, Sergeant Gundlach said.
And that's what's good,
- Triangle InfoSeCon and BSides RDU Close Out Cybersecurity Awareness Month in NC
- A Story of Determination and A Boy’s Dream Come True
- Stranger pays dinner bill for family with epileptic child
- Sophomore gives epic motivational speech to freshman at Georgia Tech
- British and Trinidad artists team up to spur interest in steel band music