Serena and Venus headed to Africa this week to inspire kids in Nigeria. They went to a private club on Ikoyi Island to play tennis with some of the locals. Hopefully they'll make it to some of the more rural areas to play with the kids as well!
The two sisters have come far in their careers to become two of the top tennis players in the world. They have proven that anything is possible for anyone. "We were able to break the mold in a sport that was really dominated by white people ... it doesn't matter what your background is and where you come from. If you have dreams, if you have goals, that's all that really matters."
"We're looking forward to being inspired by the young women in Nigeria and also to inspire them as well. It's a two-way street. We can learn so much from each other," Venus told the governor.
Peace & Love,
- The Good World News
- Kings County Tennis League gives free lessons to inner city kids
- Two Africans students invent soap which protects against malaria
- After 5 years apart, man reunites with gorilla he released into wild
- Sudanese pastor reunited with his family after 15 years
- Natalie Portman named ambassador for "Free the Children"