Germany soccer midfielder Mesut Ozil truly appreciated host nation Brazil’s hospitality throughout the world tournament. He enjoyed and appreciated it so much so, that he has announced that he will sponsor sugeries of 23 Brazilian children, one for every member of his World Cup winning Germany team. Sports in so many ways are truly more then just a game, and Ozil has proved the impact that these special athletes can have on everyone.
On his Facebook page he wrote –
Prior to the #WorldCup I supported the surgery of eleven sick children. Since the victory of the #WorldCup is not only due to eleven players but to our whole team, I will now raise the number to 23. This is my personal thank-you for the hospitality of the people of Brazil."
Have a great day, and let the good news be yours,
Latest from Jeremy
- Runners help carry woman across the finish line of Philadelphia marathon
- Restaurant owner sets up free coat rack for the homeless
- 98-Year Old bakes cakes and pies to help feed the homeless
- Volunteers and local youth cut lawns for free for the elderly, disabled veterans and single moms
- Bishops, Knights, and Rooks in the barbershop!